AGENCY SEEKS MARKETING MANAGER. The Ivy Group seeks an individual with a writer’s soul and a project manager’s obsession with details. The ideal candidate takes pride in a job well done, thrives in an “every day is different” environment, eagerly flexes those creative muscles to write and write and write, and is an all-around good human being.
This position is based in Charlottesville, Virginia.
As a small and mighty full-service agency, we require Ivy Groupies to confidently wear multiple hats, nimbly pivot from one project to another, and enthusiastically invite new challenges. The Marketing Manager will primarily be responsible for, you guessed it, managing marketing projects, including serving as a client’s primary point of contact, planning and executing campaigns, writing engaging copy, and conducting audience research.
· Scope, price, and draft proposals in response to prospect inquiries
· Plan and oversee all project details, including budget, timeline, deliverables, and team responsibilities
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, team members, and vendors
Advertising and Public Relations
· Maintain in-depth knowledge of marketing channels, practices, and trends, including local media outlets and social network advertising
· Prepare, negotiate, and execute media schedules for traditional and digital advertising campaigns (radio, TV, print, digital display, paid search, etc.)
· Plan, execute, and evaluate the impact of communications strategies; prepare informative, readable reports to gauge impact and recommend next steps
· Prepare and distribute press releases, respond to media inquiries, and actively seek opportunities for earned media
Copywriting & Editing
· Draft short- and long-form content, including marketing plans, strategic plans, case studies, blogs, multimedia ad copy and scripts, etc.; effectively adopt the client’s voice
· Develop creative messaging, including positioning statements, taglines, and campaign slogans
· Optimize digital content for search engines and align with writing for the web best practices
· Draft discussion guides and facilitate audience research conversations, e.g. interviews, focus groups, community forums
· Prepare executive summaries and in-depth reports for research activities
· Co-facilitate workshops, e.g. community research summits with a public library, marketing planning sessions, communications trainings
· Draft strategic and marketing plans incorporating audience research
Requirements & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, English, or related field
· 3+ years’ experience effectively managing marketing programs
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills including demonstrated writing, editing and proofreading skills to ensure communications are creative, clear, and error-free
· Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
· Strategic and creative thinking skills, with the ability to use data to inform decisions
· Enthusiasm for collaborating with coworkers and clients to deliver the best work possible
· Passion for helping communities and purpose-driven brands thrive
· Strong knowledge of and proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Ability to travel as necessary (limited travel, pending COVID-19 vaccination)
Salary range: $50,000-$62,000
About The Ivy Group
The Ivy Group is a full-service marketing and strategic consulting firm that advances passionate brands to positively impact communities. Since our founding over thirty years ago, we have collaborated with a variety of diverse organizations—from small businesses to global corporations, public libraries to national non-profits, housing authorities to health-focused organizations—to develop communications programs that address business and social challenges. Above all, we value intentional problem solving, respectful collaboration, doing the best work possible, continuous learning, integrity, and kindness.
Sound like your vibe? Join our team!
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at The Ivy Group are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities.
The Ivy Group does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.